Monday, December 23, 2013

almost taking time

 ... for tea ...


While chopping potatoes, I was struck by the simple beauty of this still life. It's been a hectic couple of weeks - but a joyful sort of hectic. I'm making potato leek soup for tonight's dinner and tomorrow's lunch. A sensible choice amid the still long to-do list. To do: laundry, beds, floors, dogs, sheets, towels ... and what doesn't get done surely won't mind waiting. I'll finish my chopping, my tea, this post, and pick up where I left off.



Merry Christmas to you and your dear ones. 
Take time for tea and kisses.

7 comments:

Susie Dally said...

Merry Christmas ,my friend!

Ms. said...

An art-card of a post dear Kim. You are a genius of the beautiful, of chaos into order, of enterprise and good cheer. Blessings to you and yours.

amy of studio four corners said...

wishing you a wonderful holiday as well...filled with love and laughter

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family. xox

sukipoet said...

merry cnristmas to you too. and happy new year filled with love, laughter and paiting!

sukipoet said...

painting

Kim Henkel Creations said...

Leek and potato soup - delicious - love your beautiful cup of tea, and striving to find the beauty in all that needs to get done. Especially at this time of year. Season's Greetings