Tuesday, November 2, 2010

need a lifeboat today?

try a cup of Lifeboat Tea




Lifeboat Tea on facebook

Lifeboat Tea first originated when a sailor and his crew were caught in a violent storm during the tragic Fastnet race in 1979. All crew members were rescued from their sinking boat by the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) and Lifeboat Tea was set up to mark their gratitude and to raise money for their life savers.
What a Difference a Cup of Tea makes

Lifeboat Tea aims to raise over £200,000 a year for the RNLI, with funds going towards training and equipping their volunteer crews.

To date, Lifeboat Tea has raised well over £100,000 for the RNLI.

Lifeboat Tea is a lovely full-flavoured, family-owned tea that has been created to provide sustainable funding for the Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) - the charity that saves lives at sea.

* * *
please vote in the election today
(your vote DOES count)
and then come home and have a nice cuppa

*

for more of that good tea, please visit the tea blogs listed in my sidebar:
Tea on Tuesday

10 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

What a story, thanks for sharing, and yes, I did go drop off my mail in ballot this morning which I forgot to mail in............duh!

Halle said...

Great story about the tea. That's one of the things I love about visiting blogs...I learn something new everyday somehow, somewhere.
Happy Tea Tuesday! And thanks for letting me play along...

~*~Patty S said...

Tea for a cause ... Love that Kimmie. Not even a line for voting today
Love the way the sunlight shimmers on the edge of your cuppa!
oxo

sukipoet said...

you know so much about teas. I'd like a peek into your tea cupboard, you have so many varieties. I had a cup of PGTips today. Is that the name?

Terri Kahrs said...

You always capture the best macros, Kimmie! Just got home from errands and voting and poured myself a cuppa English Breakfast. Awwww . . . after running around all day, it feels good to sit a spell!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Yvonne said...

What an interesting tea story Kimmie. I love how your photos are full of sunlight. Mine are always taken at 4:30 in the morning, as I'm such an early morning person. LOL And yes, I did vote today! :)

Gayle Price said...

Lifeboat Tea, love the sound of that,and what a great story and wonderful outcome for this charity that supports what I would call an essential service. Your photo with the spoon in the tea is amazing... I feel like I could almost take a sip.xx

Anonymous said...

Happy T dear Kimmie, what a lovely way to raise money! Your kids looked like they had a great Halloween, good make-up mom! Christen

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

This looks like MY kind of tea, Kimmie. I like dark and with a purpose is even better. What an admirable way to elicit funding and still provide a great product.

I'm just back from voting and doing some running around. It was madhouse where I voted today, and I was tickled to see such a great turnout. Glad you reminded folks, too. Great minds and all! Happy Tea Tuesday.

BadPenny said...

Great story Kimmie - thanks for telling. We support the RNLI who do a fantastic job.
I used one of your squares for my inchie - just cut it to siz - thanks so much !